From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: RedHat 6.2 i686 Apache 1.3.17
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     Date/time related
Bug description:  date() returns error when included in an object

When I try to use the date() inside of a class in
PHP4.0.4pl1 an error gets returned.

Example:

<?

class showDate {

var $dateTest = date("Y-m-d");

}

$object1 = new showDate;

echo $object1->dateTest;

?>

Returns the following error:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' or `';'' in
/path/to/file/date_test.php on line 7

My php.ini has expose tags =  off, and an include path,
otherwise it's pretty much out of the box php.ini

I did a static build with the following config:
./configure --with-apache=../apache
--with-mysql=/path/to/mysql --with-openssl=/path/to/ssl
--with-zlib --with-xml --enable-bcmath

Thanks,
eric

--