On 22 Feb 2001, Bug Database wrote:

> ID: 9373
> Updated by: sniper
> Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Bug Type: Filesystem function related
> Assigned To:
> Comments:
>
> This should be fixed in CVS already. Please try a dev build from
> http://www.php4win.de/
>
> --Jani

Hi,
  we've tried the dev build (4.05.dev) and it seems to work, thanks!
however (there's always an however:) we've still got a problem. In the
distribution of Ariadne we've included a serialized array in a separate
file. When reading this file using the following code:

$data=fread($fp,$fs);
$mod->data=unserialize($data);

unserialize fails halfway through the data. Also the string length of
$data is smaller than the file length. After changing the code to this:

$data=fread($fp,$fs);
$data=str_replace("\n","\r\n",$data);
$mod->data=unserialize($data);

unserialize() ran fine... it seems that fread still 'fixes'
return/linefeeds

(btw: the first version of the code runs fine with either the cgi or the
unix apache module version).

regards,
Auke van Slooten
http://www.muze.nl/