I'm a keen as you are for the PHP ISAPI module to work reliably, but before
we start sorting out the extension modules, we need to sort out the core
itself. For me (on my NT4/IIS4/SP6 setup), php 'straight out of the box'
falls over with server 500 errors on the simplest of scripts - even with
only a single request being made to the server (which may rule out the
problem being anything to do with thread safety?).

Perhaps we could get together a few simple and a few more complicated
scripts and try them on a range of machines and see if we can start to make
any conclusions.

My suggestions for starters are:

-----------
<?php
echo('hello');
?>
-----------
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
(which will probably start up simultaneous threads at it fetches the images)
-----------
<?php
 /*something simple which takes a long time so that we get a chance to fire
 off multiple simultaneous requests to it*/
?>

Any other thoughts?

Cheers
--