That's great, but it shouldn't be the starting point for the project...
Jani is right that whenever we speak about separating PEAR, or putting
extensions in it, it's always at some point in the future.  Opensource
projects usually start up and roll once they reach some critical mass, and
waiting for a certain particular development to happen isn't usually
beneficial.  If there'll be people working on PEAR modules, the incentive
for the 'pear' utility author will be much higher to make it work, and he
may also have some support from others.  It's been 14 months since PEAR was
born, I think it may be a good idea to try and let it walk a bit.

Zeev

--
Zeev Suraski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CTO &  co-founder, Zend Technologies Ltd. http://www.zend.com/