On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 11:35:31PM +0200, Zeev Suraski wrote:

> Fact is, using isset() with multiple arguments is much more necessary in
> real world than other is_*() functions.  isset() is very often used to
> validate user input.

Then should the same argument be applied to empty(), too?

For the record, I'm perfectly happy with things the way they are.  If
I need to test the existence of two variables, I'm content doing so
(verbosely) with two isset() calls.

Admittedly, I don't see anything wrong or dangerous with extending
isset() to test multiple variables, but I just hope this doesn't go
too far into the syntactic sugar realm.

--
Jon Parise ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology