Updated by: wez
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Compile Problem
Assigned To:
Comments:

Completely clean CVS checkout fixes problem --> Bogus.
Sorry for wasting your time Jani.
--Wez.

On 2001-03-23 13:00:49, Jani Taskinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 22 Mar 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> jstring?
> dbg ??
> mailparse? mbregex?
> savi?

jstring and mbregex are extensions that provide support for MBCS; part of a toolkit
for supporting Japanese text in PHP.

dbg is a zend extension for debugging PHP, freely available from
http://dd.cron.ru/dbg/

mailparse is an extension based on the rfc2045 and rfc822 libraries from maildrop,
which is part of the courier mail server.

savi is an interface to the Sophos Anti Virus library.

I wrote the last two - I don't think any of these are responsible for the build
problems, as they work just fine and have done for some time.

> >Likewise, if I enable cybercash support it also breaks.
> >It doesn't seem to be related to the config.m4 files for those
> >extensions, but does seem to be a problem with linking static libraries.
>
> Hmm..
>
> >Nothing has changed on my system since the last successful compile of
> >CVS PHP (around the time preg_replace_callback was implemented).

Actually, the only thing that changed was that I installed the mhash library, but I
don't think that has caused the problem.

> ..so you don't know exactly when this started happening?
> Could it be after the fastcgi was added in?

My last completely successful build was just before some build files were broken;
there were a couple of posts to the dev list about it.
Specifically, it was just after preg_replace_callback was implemented - I know this
because I discovered a bug in the interaction between preg_replace and the
zend_is_callable function.
Yes, this was before the fastcgi sapi was added.

> Anything odd in config.log ?
No, nothing strange - the gd tests compile/complete successfully during configure.

> >So I have a feeling that it is something to do with the main build files
>somewhere...
> >Most strange!
> Yes it is. As it works for me just fine.. :)

I will try building with a completely fresh CVS checkout to see if that makes any
difference.

Sorry - I should have been more verbose.

Yes, I did cvsclean and buildconf a number of times, tried manually deleting the
config.cache too, but no go.

I'm currently using:

'./configure' '--with-apxs' '--disable-pear' '--enable-debug' '--enable-sigchild'
'--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--with-ldap' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--enable-shmop'
'--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--with-zlib' '--enable-inline-optimization'
'--with-curl' '--with-iconv' '--with-bz2' '--with-gettext' '--enable-sockets'
'--enable-wddx' '--enable-jstring' '--with-openssl' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-ctype'
'--enable-dbg' '--with-imap' '--enable-mailparse' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-pspell'
'--with-recode' '--with-savi=/home/CLIENTWEB/sophosantivirus/sav_if' '--enable-yp'
'--without-gd' '--with-mhash'

If I change it to use --with-gd, configure detects libgd.a:

checking whether to enable truetype string function in gd... no
checking for libjpeg (needed by gd-1.8+)... no
configure: warning: If configure fails try --with-jpeg-dir=<DIR>
checking for libXpm (needed by gd-1.8+)... no
configure: warning: If configure fails try --with-xpm-dir=<DIR>
checking whether to include GD support... yes (static)
checking for gdImageString16 in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImagePaletteCopy in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageColorClosestHWB in -lgd... yes
checking for compress in -lz... yes
checking for png_info_init in -lpng... yes
checking for gdImageColorResolve in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageCreateFromPng in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageCreateFromGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImageWBMP in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageCreateFromJpeg in -lgd... no
checking for gdImageCreateFromXpm in -lgd... yes
checking whether to include FreeType 1.x support... yes

Likewise, if I enable cybercash support it also breaks.
It doesn't seem to be related to the config.m4 files for those extensions, but does
seem to be a problem with linking static libraries.

Nothing has changed on my system since the last successful compile of CVS PHP (around
the time preg_replace_callback was implemented).

So I have a feeling that it is something to do with the main build files somewhere...

Most strange!

I guess you know enough to do './cvsclean ; ./buildconf' after updating CVS ?

And what was the configure line used?

--Jani

Weird - can't find my duplicate report, so reopened this one.

I'm having problems with the bug system - it's slow to react and seems to hang.

Anyway, I left this information out:

/bin/sh /home/wez/source/phpbuild/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc  -I.
-I/home/wez/source/phpbuild/ -I/home/wez/source/phpbuild/main
-I/home/wez/source/phpbuild -I/usr/include/apache -I/home/wez/source/phpbuild/Zend
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/mck-3.2.0.3-linux//c-api -I/usr/include/freetype
-I/usr/include/gd -I/usr/include/imap -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/local/include/pspell
-I/home/CLIENTWEB/sophosantivirus/sav_if
-I/home/wez/source/phpbuild/ext/xml/expat/xmltok
-I/home/wez/source/phpbuild/ext/xml/expat/xmlparse -I/home/wez/source/phpbuild/TSRM
-DEAPI_MM -DLINUX=2 -DMOD_SSL=206105 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT -DSUPPORT_UTF8
-DXML_BYTE_ORDER=12 -g -O2   -o libphp4.la -rpath /home/wez/source/phpbuild/libs
-avoid-version -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/mck-3.2.0.3-linux//c-api/lib
-L/usr/lib/mysql  -R /usr/local/lib -R /usr/local/mck-3.2.0.3-linux//c-api/lib -R
/usr/lib/mysql stub.lo  Zend/libZend.la sapi/apache/libsapi.la main/libmain.la
regex/libregex.la ext/bz2/libbz2.la ext/calendar/libcalendar.la ext/curl/libcurl.la
ext/cybercash/libcybercash.la ext/dbg/libdbg.la ext/ftp/libftp.la ext/gd/libgd.la
ext/gettext/libgettext.la ext/iconv/libiconv.la ext/imap/libimap.la
ext/jstring/libjstring.la ext/ldap/libldap.la ext/mailparse/libmailparse.la
ext/mbregex/libmbregex.la ext/mhash/libmhash.la ext/mysql/libmysql.la
ext/pcre/libpcre.la ext/posix/libposix.la ext/pspell/libpspell.la ext/savi/libsavi.la
ext/session/libsession.la ext/shmop/libshmop.la ext/sockets/libsockets.la
ext/standard/libstandard.la ext/sysvsem/libsysvsem.la ext/sysvshm/libsysvshm.la
ext/wddx/libwddx.la ext/xml/libxml.la ext/yp/libyp.la ext/zlib/libzlib.la
TSRM/libtsrm.la -lpam -lsavi -lc-client -ldl -lz -lpspell -lmysqlclient -lmhash -lldap
-llber -lttf -lz -lpng -lgd -lmckcrypto -lcurl -lbz2 -lresolv -lm -ldl -lcrypt -lnsl
-lresolv

Sorry - forgot some info which is in the other report.
I'm having B/W problems so the bug system is reacting slowly for me...

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=9898&edit=2