Thank you very much, Wez!

Perhaps you can be so nice as to answer my next question also ;)
Whenever I do a configure with --enable-debug I get close to
a zillion errors when compiling (or linking rather) it seems that I get
the following two errors for each function in my code:
"multiple definition of `foobar'" and "first defined here"

Am I supposed to do something particular in order for debug to work???

Regards
  Thomas