By the time we close in on 2038 and UNIX is still around (*smile*) then
most UNIX systems will most probably have moved to 64bit timestamps, thus
requiring in the best place just a recompilation of your PHP binary and in
the worse case if you saved binary file stamps to a file, some kind of
conversion script. It's not as bad as the Y2K bug (which wasn't too bad:)

Andi