From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     ODBC related
Bug description:  odbc_result causes Unexpected network read error

Configuration bulld with

'./configure' '--with-openlink=/opt' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
'--with-apxs=/var/lib/apache/sbin/apxs'

Problem also occures when using --with-iodbc

The database I connect to is a Progress 7.3E15 database. Using the odbctest program
all works fine: i.e. it does not seem to be a problem with the openlink or iodbc code.

This is the code that results in the error

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Query ps_mstr</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<?php
        $part = '9450001';
        putenv("LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/odbcsdk/lib");
        putenv("ODBCINI=/etc/odbc.ini");

        $dsn = "DSN=qaddb";
        $sql = "select ps_comp from ps_mstr where ps_par = '$part'";

        echo "<P>Query is $sql</P>\n";
        if ($conn_id = odbc_connect("$dsn","","")) {
                echo "<P>Database connection succeeded</P>\n";
                if ($result = odbc_do($conn_id, "$sql")) {
                        echo "<P>Query succesfully submitted</P>\n";
/*
                        odbc_result_all($result);
*/
                        while (odbc_fetch_row($result)) {
                                $comp = odbc_result($result, 1);
                                echo "<P>$comp</P>\n";
                        }
                        odbc_free_result($result);
                } else {
                        echo "<P>Problem submitting query</P>\n";
                }
                odbc_close($conn_id);
        } else {
        }

?>

Using lynx as a browser, I get the following errors:

Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.

The code works fine if I give $part the value "STRATOS". It seems that the code breaks
when the query looks for records with key values that start with a number _and_ when
more than one row is being returned.

odbc_result_all also gives strange. The output with odbc_result_all and $part =
9450001 looks like:

ps_comp
Openlink_DSN=qaddb___2
Openlink_DSN=qaddb___2
Openlink_DSN=qaddb___2
Openlink_DSN=qaddb___2
Openlink_DSN=qaddb___2

The php.ini file is the same as php.ini-dist expect for output buffering being enabled.

Hope this helps

TIA

Frans Schneider
work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]