Quoting Andrei Zmievski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Alternatively, we could do the Python way: the base classes are searched in
> depth-first order, and if the base classes define the same symbol, the
> first encountered definition is used.

This could result in really confusing and unpredictable behavior if "the first
encountered definition" changed under any circumstances. I'd vote for making
any name conflicts an error.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Taurus:
You will receive an urgent transmission from the Martian government informing
you that Mars does not, in fact, need women, so please stop sending them.