On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Andrei Zmievski wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Sterling Hughes wrote:
> > I actually think the general idea is good, have a release where all the
> > regular contributors agree to work on fixing bugs.  Or like the debian
> > folk do, have a bug squashing party.  I'm just saying that a feature
> > freeze seems un-necessary, I see no reason why we can't have our cake
> > and eat it too...
>
> Because new features introduce new bugs.

Naturally, but what does waiting 7 (an arbitrary number) of days do to
make the new feature have less bugs.  The way I see it, the sooner the
feature is in there, the sooner the bug gets identified the sooner we're
able to fix it, the better.  Meanwhile, we can all still be working on
fixing older bugs.

-Sterling