From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Win2K & Linux
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     PCRE related
Bug description:  Recursive patterns don't work

$s = "a(b(c)d)e(f)g";
$p = "/\( ( ( (?>[^()]+) | (?R) )* ) \)/xU";
if (preg_match_all($p, $s, $x)) {
   echo "match";
   // see what's in $x
} else {
   echo "no match";
}

This example pattern is taken straigh out of the PCRE docs, but I don't get the
desired result, whatever I try. I haven't been able to succesfully use the
experimental (?R) so I was wondering if anyone ever has.

In perl, recursive patterns seem to work fine by the way.

Regards,
Martijn

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=10516&edit=1