At 01:28 PM 4/26/2001 -0700, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> > >Leave one, at least.  We want to know if this breaks.  At some point we
> > >will want to remove the feature from php, and then we can remove the test
> > >case.  But let's not remove testcases without removing the feature.  The
> > >test scripts are not meant as examples for users.
> >
> > It won't break and if it does, all the better :)
> > As you see people do take example from the test cases if they are meant to
> > be testcases or not.
>
>Yes, but the thing is there because there are scripts that use it.  If we
>break it, then these scripts will break.  Therefore a test case should
>remain so we don't break it.  If you are worried about the testcase
>setting a bad example, stick a comment in there.  You don't remove test
>cases for features just because you don't like them.  If it is part of the
>language, it needs to be part of the regression testing.

Check zend_language_scanner.l for cfunction and you'll see why there is
about a zillion times more chances that someone will discover cfunction
from the test scripts then there is for cfunction to break without regular
functions breaking too. So I think we can take our chances on this one.
Come on, it's really bullshit and we should have nuked cfunction a while ago.
If you really feel strongly about it then go ahead and put one back
although I think it's OK the way it is now.

Andi