On Wed, 2 May 2001, Zeev Suraski wrote:

> At 17:29 2/5/2001, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> >On Wed, 2 May 2001, Zeev Suraski wrote:
> >
> >     Their job description might list "test new software releases
> >     before putting them into production," and not "join the PHP
> >     QA team."
>
> "Testing new software releases before putting them into production" is
> pretty much a one sentence description of what 'Quality Assurance' is.

I would rather describe QA as "Making sure the release does have as least
bugs as possible". IMO this is different then just testing RC's. I think a
QA team should be the team who says "Yes, release it" or "No, there are
still some bugs left we want to fix". Of course, in order to do this, they
need to test RC's.

Derick Rethans