> >Andi Gutmans wrote:
> > > I think it's enough to announce it on the PHP mailing list
> with a short
> > > explanation of what RC means. We don't want the whole world
> to download
> > the RC.
> >
> >i would like to spread the news as far as possible
>
> Let's take it one step at a time. We should have an RC1 for 4.0.6
> soon and
> we can see how the response from the PHP mailing lists are. That will
> already reach thousands.

I would be very against this.. to me it seems silly, the current QA Team
will have to spend 90% of their time running through the (maybe hundreds) of
reports rather than testing. It makes more sense to me to try and attract
more people who know what they are doing to the QA Team rather than having a
fairly (maybe more :)) disorderly group  of people testing from people who
do not really know what they are doing..

- James