And you expect us to give you that power? :)
Seriously, PHP isn't going to start following Nazi-like strict rules.  We
shouldn't get into jurisdictions and stuff like that because they're
endless discussions with no point.  In an opensource project you can set
guidelines, not laws, and we should work to improve those guidelines as we
gather experience.

I still think that the FastCGI thingy was fine, by the way.  It's modifying
existing code in the last minute that causes trouble.

Zeev

At 04:54 3/5/2001, Jani Taskinen wrote:
>On Wed, 2 May 2001, Steve Langasek wrote:
>
> >Give the QA team that power.  Let the release branch be reserved exclusively
> >for bugfixes, and give the QA team control over what gets committed to the
> >branch.  This is the only way to make headway against bugs.
>
>Amen. There can't be _ANY_ exceptions to this. Not even Sascha or ANYBODY
>else. Including Zeev/Andi/Rasmus. Just thinking of that FastCGI thingie..
>
>--Jani
>

>--

Zeev Suraski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CTO &  co-founder, Zend Technologies Ltd. http://www.zend.com/