At 18:25 3/5/2001, Andrei Zmievski wrote:
>On Thu, 03 May 2001, Zeev Suraski wrote:
> > Sure.  I just did. :)
> >
> > Adding an isnull() language construct may be the right way to solve this
> > situation;  key_exists() and the today's function is_null() are both
> > functions that duplicate language-level functionality, and shouldn't exist
> > IMHO.
>
>Why can't language construct be called is_null()? :)

I wasn't talking about the name, only about the fact that it's implemented
as a function and not as a language construct (i.e., it can't tell the
difference between existing variables who have the null value, and non
existing variables).
It's too late to start putting _'s in language constructs, we already have
isset() as a precedent :)

Zeev