At 21:05 4/5/2001, Hartmut Holzgraefe wrote:
>PS: about the "welcome" thing above ...
>
>-  you should know that i have put a lot of work into the manual
>    (both english and german) and the function tables

Hartmut,

I wasn't trying to understate your work on the manual;  I told you
personally that the function reference mechanism that you build was very
impressive and useful.  I wasn't being sarcastic when I invited you (and
anyone else) to help document the Zend API.  I know I won't be getting
around to doing it in the near future, so if nobody else does it, it'll
simply remain undone.

>-  afair there was someone who started to write a 'extension
>    building manual' or something about a year ago and it was you
>    , Zeev, who told him that this was useless effort as this was
>    already beeing taken care off (without pointing him to this
>    project or inviting him to join it)
>    correct me if i'm wrong as i do not have found this posting
>    in my archives yet

You're not wrong;  It's been done and published
(http://www.zend.com/apidoc/), and is the base for additional work that I
invited people to improve on.

Zeev

--