On 2001-05-04 19:59:23, "Andrei Zmievski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 04 May 2001, Sterling Hughes wrote:
> > Well maybe not manpage style.  I think there should be some
Javadoc-like
> > comments in the Zend source, the same way the apache portable runtime
is

I remember the Amiga coding convention for "autodocs", where you
essentially embedded you man page (less "rich formatting") in your code,
much like we have javadoc today....

> Actually manpage style Zend API docs would be cool. Then in vim you
> just hit K when the cursor is over a function and it gives you manpage
> for it. :)

<offtopic>
Cool - I didn't know that about vim.  Manpages are well under-rated.  I
really miss being able to call up the docs I need "instantly", especially
with large projects (like OSF/DCE/ and Anything on windows), and especially
with GNU info..
</offtopic>

Isn't there a docbook -> man stylesheet?  Since we have most docs as
docbook, it would make sense to have the Zend API documented in that way,
although I can see it being a pain if the zend guys tweak a function and
then have to go to the trouble of finding the relevant docbook page, etc.
etc.

Perhaps we could embed the docs as docbook fragments in the source?
(although that might be a bit heavy).

Just my GBP 0.02 (2 pence).

--Wez.