I don't know how to explain this. I've built libcurl-7.7.2
with OpenSSL 0.9.6a, and php_curl.dll from php4-200105070645
shows correct stuff in phpinfo(), but after building
php4-200105070945 (that's three hours later), there's some
crap in the output of CURL version() in phpinfo():

CURL Information libcurl 7.7.2 (OpenSSL 0.9.6aFUBAR)

where FUBAR stands for "some non-printable characters".
I have recompiled php_curl.dll from both versions, etc...
to make sure. I haven't mixed versions of mod_php4.so,
php4ts.dll.

I haven't been able to find any suspicious commit. Also,
the value is taken directly from curl_version(), which is
exported from libcurl.lib, so I don't know why it should get
mangled...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]