Liz wrote:

> or...
>
> imap_*
> pop3_*
> nntp_*
>
> just for good measure? as it certainly reads better to see
>
> pop3_open(......)

polluting the function namespace by even more aliases? no way

> The other thing is all the examples are for imap - except on the imap_open
> page. It might be good to show which commands work with which parts too.. so
> list them kinda separately so if for example (as Im not going to test it) but
> if imap_listmailbox doesnt work with pop, dont list it.. or do a table.. to
> show what does/doesnt work..

well, IMAP is the most capable of the supported protocols and formats,
it includes all the features that POP3 and the client part of NNTP
support
and more

as a rule of thumb: everything that deals with folders is IMAP-Only,
     everything else will work with POP3 or even local mailbox files

think i have to really rework that introduction part some day

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.six.de  +49-711-99091-77