ID: 10789
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yes, it works. Thank you very much. Why I must install Oracle _server_ in order to get
ldap.h? Horrible.

oracle 8.1.x has it's own ldap implementation. you _need_
to use that. do so by specifying $ORACLE_HOME as your ldap
directory:

--with-ldap=$ORACLE_HOME

I have problem with running together LDAP and OCI8 support in PHP. Functions
ldap_add() and ldap_modify() causes apache proces to generate segmentation fault.

Here is my configure line:

ORACLE_HOME=/usr/local/oraclient/8.1.6
./configure
  --with-mysql=shared,/usr
  --with-dbase
  --enable-sysvshm --enable-sysvsem
  --with-config-file-path=/etc/httpd
  --with-gdbm=/usr
  --disable-debug
  --with-oci8=shared
  --with-gd=shared
    --with-ttf
    --with-jpeg-dir
  --with-ldap=shared
  --with-imap=shared
    --with-kerberos
  --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

I built all modules as shared. Here is a part of my php.ini

extension=gd.so
extension=imap.so
extension=mysql.so
extension=ldap.so
extension=oci8.so

oci8 works fine, ldap_add() and ldap_modify() crash.
If I comment out extension oci8.so, ldap works also fine.

I added --enable-versioning to configure line and if I tried to start Apache server,
it exited with message in the log:
[notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

I found a workaround - comment out extension=oci8.so in the php.ini file, start
Apache, uncomment the line and do apachectl restart.
Then everything works.

I'm sorry I didn't attach any backtrace, but I wasn't able to get any.