Updated by: derick
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: *Session related
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.5
Assigned To:
Comments:

Hello,

the "headers already sent" message suggests that you have some whitespace in your
code, or you did output some other data (like HTML, or printed text with echo() or
print).
Can you check this please?

Derick

I have had a lot of problems with trying to destroy a session with session_destroy()
as have many others I see, and none of the solutions brough up seem to work reliably.

What I found is that if I made any session-related functions (such as session_register
etc) AFTER session_destroy(); in code, PHP returned an error.

This is regardless of whether session_destroy() was in another branch of a conditional
statement:

e.g.

1 if(condition){
2   session_destroy();
3 {
4 else{
5   session_register("variable");
6 }

would return the error like "Warning: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers
already sent (output started at /test.php:5) in /test.php on line 5)"

So even though session_register() would not be called if session_destroy was called
and vice versa because of the branch in code, PHP still didn't like this.

The way to get around this is:

if(!condition){
    session_register("variable");
{
else{
    session_destroy();
}

Anyway, hopefully this will help you find the source of this frustrating problem so it
can be fixed.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=10845&edit=2