Updated by: joey
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Sybase (dblib) related
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.1pl2
Assigned To:
Comments:

There are 2 seperate bugs here:

1) The configure issue (IE, order of 'db' libs) and

2) The conflict with Sybase's dbopen().

The second may have been solved (IIUC)by  /ext/sybase/php_sybase_db.c 1.14.
This was committed right after 4.0.5,
so it should be in snaps and in 4.0.6.

I think Dan has a suggestion on #1 that he said
he would forward on to you. Please let us know
if either (or both) of these solve this one, Dean.

attempted at a patch, sent to user.  awaiting a response.

checking out

Yes it is.

The fix would be to change the order of the AC_CHECK_LIB's in ext/db/config.m4.  I
think that the order should be gdbm, c, dbm, db.

As someone else reported, there is also no way to disable linking against dbm.

Please verify that itīs still happening using the latest version from CVS or
snaps.php.net.

The configure script checks for dbm by linking a conftest.c program with a dbm_open
call against -lgdbm, then -ldb, then -lc and finally -ldbm.

On Digital Unix, the link succeeds against -ldb, because there is a /usr/lib/libdb.a,
but dbm_open is really in libc (and also in libdbm.a) and not in libdb.

This causes a problem when you try to build --with-sybase, as the sybase dbopen()
function is superceeded by the dbopen() in libdb.a.  The -ldb is before -lsybdb in the
link command.

Configure should not be picking -ldb as the DBM_LIB value, as that is not the location
of dbm_open.  If I install gdbm, it works fine, as it checks for that library first.

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=5418&edit=2