Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: URL related
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0
Assigned To:
Comments:

Fixed in CVS.

Now it behaves more consistently.
ie. if ? is present, the query key is set.
And if # is present, the fragment key is set.

--Jani

marking as fix before 4.0.6

If this isn't a bug, it is at least an inconsistency.

parse_url('?') doesn't set a query key
parse_url('?#fragment') does

Neither URL has what I would consider a query string, but the query key is set in the
second case.  That behavior should be consistent one way or the other, imho.

To PHP-developers: Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
(IMO, this isn't any bug)

--Jani

If you get URL as user input it can be bogus. parse_url could
be very useful to find if the URL is bogus and what parts
of it are bogus. Another point is, that even bogus looking
URL's could be valid (partial only). Also i believe
that parse_url('path?') wouldnt have quere set (although i
cant verify it at the moment).
And the last point is correctness. Even if it is not
significant, it would be nice if it behaved the expected way.

I, personally, don't see why it has to parse such bogus URLs
at all... Any arguments?

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=1249&edit=2