On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 07:14:27AM -0400, Sterling Hughes wrote:

> >> How do you feel about renaming the existing diskfreespace()
> >> function to disk_free_space() (with an alias for backwards
> >> compatibility)?
> >
> > A warm fuzzy feeling :)  Seriously though, it's been discussed in
> > great  length, and at least from what I understood, going in that
> > direction was  the general idea.  Slowly, but surely :)
> >
> Actually, at least what I remember from the conversations, this was
> being put off till someone actually did some work at renaming a set of
> the functions, and there are still a good number of unresolved issues
> regarding function naming (str_tok() or strtok() to name one).  At this
> point, I think placing it in there as disktotalspace() and leaving
> diskfreespace() alone would be the right thing to do.  Then when all the
> naming issues are hashed out/someone has some work to show, change both
> of the functions to their proper names.  At this point a
> disk_free_space() function seems out of place in the current naming
> scheme (I wouldn't object as much to disk_freespace() and
> disk_totalspace(), but overall, I think we should wait until the rest of
> the source is namespace complaint and we've decided how to handle the
> change to the new naming conventions.)

Ugh.  I wish I had read this a few minutes earlier.  I just made
the name change based on what I assumed was consensus.

If someone feels the need to revert the change, go ahead.  I
prefer to just leave it now that I've already changed it, and
then I'll add the new function as disk_total_space().

--
Jon Parise ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology