Quoting Andrei Zmievski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> How about this scenario -- register_globals is on, session is loaded,
> $HTTP_SESSION_VARS['foo'] and $foo contain the same value, then user
> changes $foo, thinking it will be saved. But if you say
> $HTTP_SESSION_VARS value takes precedence, then his changes are lost --
> not too intuitive.

No, it's not. The other option is, if register_globals is on, to make $foo and
$HTTP_SESSION_VARS['foo'] references pointing to the same value (well, one
points to the other; I don't _think_ it matters which).

However it's solved, it'd be _really_ nice if at the very least, code written
for the register_globals Off case worked all the time, since that's the more
portable option anyway.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Black and white and grey, all the shades of truth.