I'm a pascal, delphi programmer so forget about c.

Problem with the Win32 closed source thing you mentioned is that for this
particular problem:
win32/sendmail.c is not really a win32 problem but a php sendmail.c problem.

A C problem in win32/sendmail.c is not win32 problem.

So all you "PHP is better than ASP hypsters" get to work!
lol

PHP is ok for some problem solving but obviously ASP is better than PHP in
the long run because of BETTER SUPPORT! :)