Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Output Control
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
Assigned To: andre
Comments:

Can't reproduce on PHP 4.0.6RC3

http://www.php.net/~andi/php-4.0.6RC3.tar.gz

The headers already sent message with ob_gzhandler enabled problem is solved.

However, the lynx -head problem is still there.

both problems are fixed in CVS

similar Bug id #9231

I've just found out what the problem is, and it's kind of weird:
With ob_gzhandler enabled (from php.ini or with ob_start("ob_gzhandler") in the .php)
each readfile() makes the "Cannot add header information - headers already sent" error
message appear.
This doesn't happen with output buffering enabled and no ob_gzhandler, it only happens
with ob_gzhandler enabled.

Also tried to replace readfile with fpassthru(fopen()) but got the same result.

Hope this helps you fix the problem.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I've been experimenting quite a lot.

Tried the php4-200102020545 snapshot and I still get the

httpd: PHP Warning:  Cannot add header information - headers already sent in Unknown
on line 0

error message when enabling output_handler = ob_gzhandler.
This probably still causes a memory leak.

Found another interesting thing: when trying to see the headers of a ob_gzhandler
compressed page with lynx, I get the following lynx error message:

Can't access startfile http://localhost/test.php

That's using lynx -head -source http://localhost/test.php. Seems lynx sees something
which it doesn't like. With ob_gzhandler disabled, I get the normal http headers when
invoking that lynx command.

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=9031&edit=2