ID: 7474
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Compile Failure
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.5 ?
Assigned To:
Comments:

This was said to happen still with 4.0.5 and the code
in question hasn't changed (IIRC) much since.

One possible solution is to add some #ifdef's around
these functions, and checks for existance of strol/stroul
into configure

If you don't mind, please test latest release candidate:

http://www.php.net/~andi/php-4.0.6RC2.tar.gz

I'm pretty sure it happens with it too, but I'd like
to be sure about it.

-Jani

I guess this still happens with PHP 4.0.5 too?

--Jani

The snapshot of 200101160445 failed to compile with the same error as that of 4.0.4pl1.

I just tried to compile 4.0.4pl1 and it failed the same way:
gcc  -I. [snip] -c scanf.c && touch scanf.lo
scanf.c: In function `php_sscanf_internal':
scanf.c:783: `strtol' undeclared (first use this function)
scanf.c:783: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
scanf.c:783: for each function it appears in.)
scanf.c:804: `strtoul' undeclared (first use this function)
*** Error code 1

I'll try a snapshot next.  Thanks - Larry

Does this happen with latest snapshot from http://snaps.php.net/ ??

--Jani

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=7474&edit=2