From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Windows 95; SCO Openserver 5.0.5
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     Oracle related
Bug description:  Cannot return a NULL as out parameter of a stored procedure

Returning a NULL value as an OUT parameter of a stored procedure (oracle 7.3.4 both
client & server) I get the following error from a call to ora_exec:

ORA-01405: fetched column value is NULL --
while processing OCI function OEXEC/OEXN

I've checked the parameter is correctly bound to a php global variable.

I tried defining the same parameter both as OUT and IN_OUT, to no avail.

I also tried calling the same exact procedure using oci_ functions instead of ora_,
and everything works! (Unfortunately my web server is sitting on a sco box, so I'm
doomed to use oracle 7.3.4 in production...)

Looking at the description of the error in oracle manuals, I think this could be a pbl
in the use of pro*C (well, whatever the php oracle extension is written with), but I
might be wrong

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=11550&edit=1