ID: 7242
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Filesystem function related
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.3
Assigned To:
Comments:

Of course the directory where the tmpfile() should create
the file has to have such permissions that the user as
the webserver is running can write to it.

Does this happen with PHP 4.0.5 too?

I have problems to use function tmpfile() on MS. Windows NT.

Use: Personal Web Server (PWS Version 4.0) from Windows NT Option Pack.

Error Message: "Warning: tmpfile: Permission denied "

Even when c:tmp and c:temp is set for Write permission for everyone.

On  MS. Windows 95 It works well.

I used a small script to found out where the temporary files is created on Windows 95:

<?PHP
$TEMP = tmpfile();
sleep(100);
?>

When this script is running on Windows 95; it create a file t3vvgxxx (the last three
character is random) on the C: drive.

As test, I tried to set the C: for write permission for everyone on the Windows NT
server. Still the same Error message: "Warning: tmpfile: Permission denied "

Regards,

John

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=7242&edit=2