Updated by: hholzgra
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Mail related
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.5
Assigned To: hholzgra
Comments:

windows mail code needs a rewrite

Under WinNT the mail function does not work as documented.
It seems the version of sendmail in the win32 binary is not very compatible.

For example you cannot use a to address like
"Lucas Hale<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
in the code "src/win32/sendmail.c" SendText assumes the to address is just a plain
user@host address.

Same for RCPT TO

Also Cc: seems to cause all sorts of problems
First it scans case sentivtly for "Cc:" even though the example in the documentation
has cc:
But once you change your string to Cc: it gets worse...
I believe it is a crash but unsure, all I get is unknown error from server.

Bcc wont work at all...

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=11349&edit=2