Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Other web server
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
Assigned To:
Comments:

Does this happen with PHP 4.0.6 ?

I am running a Xitami (v2.4c1) server on win2000.
I used the install shield to install PHP 4.0.4.
All the filters and stuff seem to be set up right in Xitami. I have installed and used
PHP 3 with the same server and followed the same steps to configure it for PHP 4.
I have set the "doc_root" in the php.ini file to "C:NigelVWS".

However, when I run a script nothing happens: I get a blank browser screen. Setting
the "display_startup_errors" in the php.ini file I get the message:
"Fatal error: Unable to open C:NigelVWS in Unknown on line 0"

I tried commenting out the "doc_root" setting in the php.ini file and I get the same
error only it's pointing to the cgi-bin directory of Xitami (even though I have told
it to use "c:NigelVSM" for files).
I tried pointing the "doc_root" to the complete path of the php script file including
it's filename and that worked and processed the file normally... every time the server
started up php for any page.

I really am stumped. Thanks in advance.

[...]

Not enough information.

See http://www.php.net/bugs-dos-and-donts.php