Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.6
Assigned To:
Comments:

Fixed in CVS. Fix will be in PHP 4.0.7.

--Jani

Two examples:
<?PHP
$link_id = pg_pconnect ("host='localhost' user='root' password='foo'") or print
($php_errormsg);
$link_id = pg_connect ("host='localhost' user='root' password='foo'") or print
($php_errormsg);
?>

Could you please include shortest possible script
to reproduce this?

--Jani

Also, seems to only happen when using persistant connections.  Non-persistant
connections will show the errors correctly.

Not sure if this is important but I'm retrieving the error from the $php_errormsg
variable.

As of PHP 4.0.6 detailed errors concerning PostgreSQL are not being given, instead
(null) is shown.

For instance 4.0.5 will show:
Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: Password authentication failed for user
'foouser'

4.0.6 currently shows:
Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: (null)

I can give more detailed info/specs if needed.

Thanks!

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=11728&edit=2