From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: any
PHP version:      4.0 Latest CVS (2001-06-29)
PHP Bug Type:     Feature/Change Request
Bug description:  "svar_dump()" wanted

It would be very nice to have a var_dump() that returns the variable dump as a string
instead of printing it.  Using var_dump() for verbose logging is mighty handy, but
having to (ab)use output buffering to catch the var dump feels bad.

(I looked briefly at the implementation of var_dump(), and making a "svar_dump()"
seemed out of my C league, unfortunately.)

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=11798&edit=1