ID: 10824
Updated by: fmk
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: MSSQL related
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
Assigned To:
Comments:

This is not a bug in the php extension. The library used to connect to SQL Server soes
not allow warchar columns to be more that 255 char.

Problem:
Queries and stored procedures returning varchar data do not return more than 256
chars. The rest is truncated.

Affected functions:
  MSSQL_FETCH_OBJECT
  MSSQL_FETCH_ARRAY
  MSSQL_FETCH_ROW (didn't get opportunity to test, but seems likely)

I know there was an earlier report similar to this in regards to NCHAR, however,
varchar has nothing to do with unicode. Are we looking at the same problem here
anyways? Any idea on how long 'til a solution, or some sort of work-around? Using
datatype TEXT is NOT an option -- it puts too much overhead on transactions.

Since this was classified as a Microsoft problem, I guess upgrading to 4.0.5 would not
help, huh?

Thanks.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=10824&edit=2