Updated by: derick
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Reproducible crash
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.6
Assigned To: derick
Comments:

Assigning to myself

Here's the link to a script that exhibits this problem 100% of the time on my
PPC/YellowDog server as well as a production machine at phpwebhosting.com:

http://www.jump9.com/_testcrypt.txt

I've tried this under several version of php (including the current 4.0.6) as well as
with every available release of libmcrypt (2.4.7-2.4.15) all without effect.  Given
that I have the same problem on a production webserver at phpwebhosting as I do on my
own homemade PPC linux box I'm guessing this is real problem...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

kpw

Here's an example:

If encrypt the string "Reed, Phyllis" with the key "70094cc48e1a23bf6fec60c2db6e4b71"
using blowfish in CBC mode mycrypt will seg fault.  However, if I change the string to
"Reed,Phyllis" (no space) everything's fine.  Removing a chacter from the end (""Reed,
Phylli") doesn't fix the problem though, so it's apparently not length related.

Very strange indeed...
kpw

Hi,

This still seems to be a problem in 4.0.6.  I'm pretty sure that it is caused by
specific strings being passed into mycrypt, however, I'm not sure what string
characteristics cause the problem.

kpw

Should be fixed in CVS now. Fix will be in PHP 4.0.6.
If this happens with it too, reopen this bug report.

--Jani

here's the back trace (again without db symbols) of the crash when it happens after my
script has completed execution:

0xfe21138 in chunk_free (ar_ptr=0xfebb380, p=0x101f03d8) at malloc.c:3111
3111    malloc.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) bt
#0  0xfe21138 in chunk_free (ar_ptr=0xfebb380, p=0x101f03d8) at malloc.c:3111
#1  0xfe20fb0 in __libc_free (mem=0xfebb380) at malloc.c:3023
#2  0xf01121c in ?? () from /etc/apache/libexec/libphp4.so
#3  0x0 in ?? ()
(gdb)

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.
To view the rest of the comments, please
view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=10324&edit=2