From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: linux
PHP version:      4.0.5
PHP Bug Type:     *General Issues
Bug description:  e.g. mysql_unbuffered_query doesn't function but throws no error to
indicate

It's a BIG BIG Problem to find the reason why your application doesn't work when
there's NO indication that a implemented php-function does NOT what it should do,
without trowing any error!

Thats what happened as I tried to move back from 4.0.6 to 4.0.5 due to a BIG bug in
the memory-management of 4.0.6:

for 4.0.6 I replaced mysql_query with mysql_unbuffered_query in one function. There
was no Prob with that in 4.0.6...but after I had 4.0.5 back again my app didn't work
anymore without giving any indication of the reason.

It would be great if the php-developers could provide a bit more error-messages for
instance when mysql_unbuffered_query works only for SELECT's, not for INSERT's, why
not throw a WARNING or ERROR if you try to use the wrong query.

this would avoid Days of debugging!

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=11920&edit=1