ID: 10026
Updated by: jeroen
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Scripting Engine problem
Operating System: RH Linux 6.1
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
New Comment:

Please cut the background-color lines etc, and any line
until it won't reproduce the bug. Then submit it again. And
put a var_dump of all your imported globals and on the
passed parameters on the beginning of the function, and
submit it when you still think it's a bug.

The script is too complicated to tell wether this is a bug,
note that you pass $ref BY VALUE, and not by reference.

Closed for now.

Please cut the background-color lines etc, and any line
until it won't reproduce the bug. Then submit it again. And
put a var_dump of all your imported globals and on the
passed parameters on the beginning of the function, and
submit it when you still think it's a bug.

The script is too complicated to tell wether this is a bug,
note that you pass $ref BY VALUE, and not by reference.

Closed for now.

I have solved the problem in another way. BUT; The value of $c *IS* 0 when entering
for loop and the stange behavior of the for-loop explained above happens. I think it
maybe is other part of the code BEFORE this function who make som "crash" in the
system so this happen. I've never seen this before neither after so i dont know what
more to say :)
But for sure it was a strange behavior of PHP in this code. We are two persons coding
this system and we both spent a lot of time trying to find out what happens (with echo
and other debug code) but we could'nt find out.
We had to drop the for-loop because it didnt work as it should.

I have spent twenty mins trying to recreate this, before you start your for loop
please check the value of $c (echo it out etc) and make sure its what you expected. I
very much doubt this is a bug, if the value of $c is indeed 0 then please reopen this
report.

- James

I'm sorry, but all other script i make work ok. Its just this one that cause the
problem.

I dont know how to make another script for you as i cant reproduce the error in any 5
line of code.

- Svein

I asked for 'self-containing' script. ie. one that doesn't
need anything outside but works as is. This example script
you added is useless and can not be used to reproduce anything. Please create a SHORT
(max 5 lines) script that doesn't work.

--Jani

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=10026

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!