ID: 12003
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status:
Bug Type: InterBase related
Operating System: Linux Red Hat 7.1 (2.4.2)
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Compilation of php was:
./configure --with-interbase=/opt/interbase --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
--enable-debug.

Othervice ... I can't find a file php_interbase.so

Sure. This problem is only on the server, where interbase is running.

This does not like a PHP error, but PHP is rather relaying the error that InterBase
gives.
Are you sure Interbase running and the name 'localhost' resolves into an IP address?

Derick

I have a problem with connecting to database server.
I have W2000+Apache1.3.20+PHP4.06 machine and when I connect with
$dbh = ibase_pconnect('interbase.agropol:/opt/interbase/data/ptf.gdb','name','pass');
it works.
The server is Red Hat 7.1. But when I try to connect from itself with
$dbh = ibase_connect('localhost:/opt/interbase/data/ptf.gdb','name','pass');
it returns to me
Warning: InterBase: Unable to complete network request to host "localhost". Failed to
locate host machine. Undefined service gds_db/tcp. in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cl.php
on line 11

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=12003&edit=1