From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: FreeBSD 4.3
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     GD related
Bug description:  "libgd was not built with TrueType font support" problem

<? imagettfbbox(5, 0, "x.ttf", "the text"); ?>
shows : Warning: libgd was not built with TrueType font support in
/www/test2.php on line 1

phpinfo();
shows :
gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version 1.6.2 or higher
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled

So basically I'd say something is not working correctly.
I have tried with PHP 4.0.6 on 2 FreeBSD servers I have.

Here's my configure line :
./configure --enable-inline-optimization --with-apxs --enable-calendar
--enable-ftp --enable-track-vars --with-gd=/usr/local
--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local --with-mysql

All looks ok during config & compilation of PHP.
Here's what shows:
checking whether to include GD support... yes
checking whether to enable truetype string function in gd... no
checking for freetype(2)... yes
checking whether to include include FreeType 1.x support... no
checking whether to include T1lib support... no
checking for gdImageString16 in -lgd... (cached) yes
checking for gdImagePaletteCopy in -lgd... (cached) yes
checking for gdImageCreateFromPng in -lgd... (cached) yes
checking for gdImageCreateFromGif in -lgd... (cached) no

I tried with --enable-gd-native-ttf and --enable-gd-imgstrttf, it's not
better.

Also note that there is an error in the configure script :
> cat configure | grep -i native-tt
  --enable-gd-native-ttf    GD: Enable TrueType string function in gd"
# Check whether --enable-gd-native-tt or --disable-gd-native-tt was
given.

It's confusing... --enable-gd-native-tt or --enable-gd-native-ttf ?

Thanks,
Philippe Bourcier

--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=12065&edit=1