Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Reproducible crash
Operating System: WINNT SP4
PHP Version: 4.0.5
New Comment:

Yes.
The little loop script still shows it.
Other scripts may or may not show it,
but it only appears with the second invocation.
It is easy to think it is gone because the first
time a script runs it usually doesn't happen.
If you haven't backed up the browser and opened the script a second time, it could be
hiding.

Also, I am running WinNT 4 not w2k.  If I can suppress the bug by upgrading to w2k, I
might.  I have been thinking I might have to move the server to Linux.

I am currently running 4.0.4pl because I am not set up to link in the modules I need
with 4.0.6.

can't repoduce this with the apache module or the cgi (4.0.6) under w2k.
is this bug still existant for you?

I installed the snapshot from 6/14/2001.
I know the installation was successful because PHP issued warnings about not being
able to load modules such as GD.

I ran it against the small script that demonstrates the
defect, and, unfortunately, the defect is still there.

please try the latest snapshot from http://www.zend.com/snapshots

I believe it is CGI.  Httpd.conf contains

ScriptAlias /php/ "C:/phpdev3/php/"
ScriptAlias /php2/ "C:/phpdev3/php/"
ScriptAlias /php3/ "C:/phpdev3/php/"

AddType application/x-httpd-php4 .phtml .pwml .htm
AddType application/x-httpd-php4 .php4 .php .php3 .php2 .htm

Action application/x-httpd-php4 "/php/php.exe"

-----------------------------------
I just performed a complete reinstallation, but the bug is still there.

I downloaded and installed the phpdev3 installation package from www.firepages.com.au.

This package installs Apache 1.3.19 , PHP 4.0.4pl, and MySQL. My application talks to
Oracle and I don't use the MySQL.

I completely removed my old installation.
I made these configurations to the fresh installation.
In PHP.INI (which I copied to c:\winnt)
   - changed the memory limit to 16M
   - set the include path to "."
   - enabled the php_mhash extension
   - enabled the php_imap extension (can't recall if I actually use this)
in httpd.conf
   - changed the document root to "D:\www"
I copied all the dlls for php\dlls and php\extensions to my system32 directory (except
I got he usual error with msvcrt.dll --- mine is 12/7/99 and the dist version is
12/10/99).

Then I verified that my application still works and that the little demonstration app
still shows the bug.

Steve

Can reproduce this.. what SAPI are you using (ISAPI or CGI?).

- James

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=10904

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=10904&edit=1