From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Solaris
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     Variables related
Bug description:  Form variables are unexpectedly being escaped

When I sumbit a form which contains a textarea containing the quote
character, the form variable generated in
the submitted script contains an escaped quote.  This didn't happen in
PHP3, and I'm not
sure when it appeard in PHP4, as I've only used 4.0.6.

An example can be seen on www.php.net:
Enter a string containing quotes in the text search box.  The resulting
page will contain
multiple backslashes around the quotes.

--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=12409&edit=1