Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Filesystem function related
Operating System: Linux-2.2.19
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

I found the problem. My DNS was broken.

Hi,

I got a following problem with this script:

<?
$tempurl = "http://www.hostinsameserver.com";;
$tempurl2 = "http://www.yahoo.com/";;

$tempfile2 = fopen("$tempurl2/index.html", "r");
echo $tempfile2;

$tempfile = fopen("$tempurl/index.html", "r");
echo $tempfile;

?>

The first one is hosted in the same machine as the script that is running on it ( it
can even be the same site ). The second is hosted outside the network.

When it tries to access the first URL it hangs forever. No CPU consumption or memory.

I tried with PHP-3.0.18 ( same machine ) and it works, so I discarded DNS problems.

Any hint ?
Renato.