From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     *General Issues
Bug description:  posix_* issuing Warnings, no error code.

hi,

I tried to use some of the posix_* functions to work with
user-accounts on the system, like "posix_getpwnam()" and
"posix_getpwuid()".

I expected to get an error-code back (like Failed or FALSE)
for pwnames or pwuids which do not exist in /etc/passwd.
Instead, PHP will write a warning message in my html-output:

: Warning: posix_getpwuid(4711) failed with 'Success' in
: /data/home/webmaster/admin/admin.php
: on line 197

and, what I think is strange, will "fail with ´Success´".

Could you please modify the posix_getpw* functions in a
way that they 1) do not write strange warning-messages
 and 2) return a NULL-Value or FALSE, where the unix getpw*(3) will return
NULL (just like documented in the
man-page)

thanks in advance,
herbert rosmanith