The new API no longer requires separate fetch's for the different
TLS's.  This has two implications:

- Code that requires several TLS's is quicker, since at most, you only call
one fetch, instead of several (you also pass less info on the stack when
you send TLS's to functions)
- Since there's only one pointer to move around now, it makes more sense to
pass it around between the different functions.

There's no notion of inconsistency.  The more places you can pass the
TSRMLS, the better, as it's faster.  I did lots of work on it, there's
still lots of work that remains to be done.

Zeev

At 11:56 30/07/2001, Harald Radi wrote:

>--

Zeev Suraski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>