ID: 12531
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: IMAP related
Operating System: RedHat 7.1
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

 A little further information.  This was a stock RedHat 7.0 install that I upgraded to
7.1.  I've tried compiling PHP against the stock redhat distribution of apache and now
the 1.3.20 source that i downloaded.

Apache compiled fine and it runs with PHP4 compiled without imap support.

I've installed most of the updates that are available at your favorite mirror site
including glibc updates.

The hardware is a K6II-233 IDE drive system with a 3Com 3c905 and 128MB of RAM.  Its a
workhorse machine and just gets it done.  Its been very stable and hasn't burped while
I've been playing around with all of this.  I've also got the server running on Port
8000.  That said, I had the same problem with the stock apache and it runs on port 80.

Hope this is helpful.  If you need more details, ask.

uname -a produces the following:
Linux pisces.maurand.com 2.4.2-2 #1 Sun Apr 8 19:37:14 EDT 2001 i586 unknown

Syntax error on line 201 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server: /usr/local/apache/
libexec/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: mxdriver
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I'm still unable to reproduce this, even with the
EXACT same rpms you are using.

--Jani

what errors exactly are you getting?

I got them from:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/distributions/redhat/updates/7.1/en/os/i386

the src rpm comes from

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/distributions/redhat/updates/7.1/en/os/SRPMS

However, when you don't call out a directory for imap during configure, PHP
will use its own extensions.  It doesn't matter.  any imap support and I get
undefigned symbol: mxdriver.

I've downloaded the source tarball from UW and I've compiled it.   I have
not had a chance to run a make clean and reconfigured from the PHP directory
yet.  Its still not supposed to be this hard.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=12531

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=12531&edit=1