From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Windows NT 4 Server
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     Reproducible crash
Bug description:  PHP.exe is causing access violations when shutting down

I've been using the v4.06 windows binaries from this site and have been
suffering repeated crashes as PHP closes down.

The crash is either reported as just in PHP and other times
OLEMainThreadWndName is reported in the error.  It varies between write and
read violations too.

I've traced through the code and have tracked it down to an access
violation in the function shutdown_memory_manager().

Also when using the win32 debug build of PHP the error does not occur, only
with the release version.

The app I'm working on has database connections and uses COM objects.  The
error seems to be slightly related to the database side although I've not
been able to produce a small section of code that causes the same error.
I'm using the ADODB wrapper for database access although the same error has
occurred when using the built-in ODBC functions.

I can't see that I'm doing anything wrong but there's definitely something
that PHP isn't liking.

Below is the main function I use to get results from a database, when all
the code is commented out inside this function the error doesn't occur but
a lot of other stuff in the app doesn't happen either so that doesn't say
much really.  Is there anything blatantly wrong with the code below?

function GetDirectoryQueryResults($szSQL)
{
        $objConn = &ADONewConnection('ado');

        $objConn->Connect("Directory");

        $objRS = &$objConn->Execute($szSQL);