ID: 12636
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: IMAP related
Operating System: Linux (SuSE 7.1)
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Sure. I basically copied it from the phpinfo page that was
running on the php module that came with SuSE 7.1, and
tweaked it a bit. Like i removed the things that kept me
from compiling it, and removed stuff i knew i wouldn't
need.

There's a handful of other functions it's complaining
about. Bloody hell, why can't stuff like this ever just
WORK? *grumble*

Ermm anyhow. I never used CVS.. I never programmed
something big enough to make it useful enough. gimme a
bunch of commands to type and i'll do it.

./configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin
--libdir=/usr/lib --with-exec-dir=/usr/lib/php/bin
--with-pgsql=/usr --with-gd=/usr/local
--with-tiff-dir=/usr --with-jpeg-dir=/usr
--with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6
--with-pdflib=/usr --with-zlib=yes --with-xml --with-ttf
--with-readline --with-ftp --with-java --with-curl
--enable-versioning --with-ming=/usr --enable-bcmath
--enable-trans-sid --with-imap
--enable-inline-optimization --enable-track-vars
--enable-magic-quotes --enable-safe-mode --enable-sockets
--enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-shmop
--enable-calendar --enable-exif --enable-ftp
--enable-memory-limit --enable-wddx
--with-config-file-path=/etc/httpd/
--with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
--with-exec-dir=/usr/lib/apache/bin --without-mysql

What was the configure line used to configure PHP?
Could you please try the latest CVS snapshot from http://snaps.php.net/ since there
have been few fixes
in it.

--Jani

I just compiled PHP 4.0.6 from the sources, (well, after
fighting with it a bit, but never mind that) and apache
won't load the module. When i try to start apache:

Syntax error on line 147 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so into server:
undefined symbol: pam_end

(line 147 is the one that loads the module)

>From both someone else's report and my trial and error, i
figured it is the imap module that is the problem.
I do have the libpam library and the function is in that
library:

# objdump -T /lib/libpam.so.0.72 | grep pam_end
00001b40 g    DF .text  0000025f  Base        pam_end

The thing is that the php module isn't linked with this.
Now i don't know enough about all this funky dynamic stuff
to fix this.. (or even know for sure that's the problem)
but it strikes me that if the imap module depends on this
library it should put that in its makefile or whereever.
I can live without imap, but i do want it sometime..